Question

Honor Student
zettaimagen
Message 1 of 3 (256 Views)

DOS PCMCIA support for old Compaq Armada 1571DM

Hi there,

I have recently purchased an old Compaq Armada 1571DM for a project I'm currently in, which requires both portability and the availability of a couple of COM (serial) ports. The laptop comes with a single serial port, so I thought to add the second one I need via a PCMCIA to serial card adapter. So I purchased one of these too.

The problem I faced is that the software I use to access the serial ports runs on DOS only, and as far as I could find on the internet, there seems to be no DOS driver/card enabler for this particular laptop.

I'll very much preciate your help, as I'm stuck on this issue for a long time now, and I really need to make it work.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

PS.: under Windows 98 everything seems to work: PCMCIA sockets are detected, and PCMCIA adapter is properly recognized and installed thru its provided drivers.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 3 (243 Views)

Re: DOS PCMCIA support for old Compaq Armada 1571DM

Hi:

You may also want to post your question on the HP Business Support Forum -- Armada notebook section.

There is a member there (Rainald Taesler) that knows everything about those relics.  If he can't help you no one can.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-HP-ProBook-EliteBook/bd-p/bsc-274

Honor Student
zettaimagen
Message 3 of 3 (232 Views)

Re: DOS PCMCIA support for old Compaq Armada 1571DM

Thanks Paul, I'll give him a try. In the meantime, if there is anyone else in this forum that could supply a solution, or another suggestion, will be preciated.

Regards.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation