Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This DV2000 beeps 2 times on bootup & the docs & HP support chat show it has to be a problem with the hardware.

Tried hooking up an external monitor & would not come on pressing the appropiate key's.

Tried the memory swapping with no affect. Removing other hardware like the wireless card pins & cmos battery, holding down the power button for 30 seconds & even longer to drain all power.

I know there are numorous post here with GPU overheating issude but this one has something else going on.

I found out though the hdd is bad & won't spin when installed on a USB external power device.

Was wondering if the hdd is my problem csusing it not to boot the bio's screen.

All lights on the keyboard & blue power light is on also where you plug in the power adaptor.

I merely don't see any post here for one beeping 2 times on boot.

Only one's beeping 1 short & 2 long beeps & some randomly beeping & the keyboard light's flashing on & off.

I guess I need to get me a hdd & see what happens first.

Can't see why a hdd would make it do this.

Thank's for any comments or fixes for this issue.:smileywink:

David

HP Pavilion D2346C Seagate 500 gig 7200 rpm 4 gb FoxConn socket 775
Compaq Presario laptop CQ57 Windows 7 64 bit 4 gb's ram
Compaq Presario F700US Windows Vista 64 bit 2gb ram.

Being old is no fun at all!
Home based computer repair business PCTech Inc.
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Ok, 2 beep error code for Phoenix-bad memory-AMI-parity error first 64kb-have the same problem with DV2400-happened after I upgraded memory ,still not sure how to solve problem or what caused it in first place-god bless HP- the sons uh #$%&@

HP Recommended

I already swapped & removed one memory at a time & no change  so maybe I have another in my hardware bins & try it in its place.  

Darn! I already ordered another board for it.

Oh well! I'll have an extra if the old ones turns out good.

Now i'll have to find another cpu maybe an upgrade to a faster one if it has one.

If my memory serves me right I did max the memory to 2 gb by getting another memory but it worked fine once I installed it.

Might have been a slow dying chip I guess. 

HP Recommended

compunerd60

I am unsure if you are requesting assistance here. If you are could you clarify what you are asking so we can try to assist?

Thanks

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

Well Duidar!

I recieved the new board a few weeks ago (after getting my strenth back from all my Lukemia tests causing me to be real weak) & installed it & after installing all the screws I found out it was not the correct board cause it had no wireless antenna 4 pin white plugin port soldered on the board.

I know that would not have any affect on whats wrong with it.

Dang!  😞

Anyway I went ahead & attempted to power it up & it had the same thing with no hdd activity (spinnig up) or a screen but still had all lights turning & staying on with no flashjng what so ever.

The hdd light would light up 2 times flashing then goes out.

I believe the wireless light did light up amber on the frt panel once it powered up.

As I mentioned earlier I tried the hdd in another system & also with my hdd external power adaptor kit & the hdd spun up & showed the 32 Bit Windows Vista OS & all files were present & intact.

Next tests I guess is try another OEM AMD CPU I have that will work in it.

I already tested the Ram (installing them one by one & they were new ones) in my first tests when it was having the issues with the old board & that did'nt have any affect on it with the same issues & stiil beepnig 2 times.

I know it says i'm a Teacher in my HP forum profile but never had this type of issue with any laptops or desktops I tested or repaired.

Time to try that other CPU & see what happens

Get back soon if you have any other ideas to help me.

Wish me luck!

David

HP Recommended

Well I tried the old board back in the chassis & installed the other AMD 64 CPU I had & it still had the problems with the hdd not spinning up & a no screen but all the lights still powered up solid & the wirelesss light stayed amber & the power light stays on too when plugged in. The hdd light blinks 3 times & not 2 times like I mentioned before then goes out.

That to me would tell me the hdd is trying to spinup & then fails.

I'm thinking somethings going on with the mobo not powering up the hdd & screen.

Maybe its the bios corrupted but I never learned to update the bios using a bootable flash drive or cd.

Be kinda hard if I have no monitor screren to do so. 

I guesss i'll wait till I get the proper motherboad & try it hoping its a power issue feeding power to the hdd & sceen.

This laptop has been a humm dinger trying to test it for my problems.

Almost ready to give up but I need to get it fixed for my lovely Granddaughter before XMAS time gets here. 😞

Thanks for your needed support anyone!! 🙂

HP Recommended

compunerd60

I am sorry you are having so many issues with your HP computer, although it would appear you are quite knowledgeable about computers and I am sure will figure it out. I am linking you an HP Support document that you may or may not have that describes what is wrong when you get beeping from the BIOS as you have been. As you have been changing hardware in and out and have reported different beeps I am leaving it in your hands to determine which is applicable to your situation if and when you go through the document.

BIOS Beep Codes

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c02222922#N315

If you do have a specific question please feel free to re-post and we will endeavor to assist where we can.

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums and have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.