DV6810 Video no longer works / computer no longer starts (387 Views)
Top Student
bambam_250r
Message 1 of 4 (387 Views)

DV6810 Video no longer works / computer no longer starts

I know there is an issue with the NVidia GPU and over heating. This happened to my HP DV6810US. I've looked online and there are 1000's of people that this has happened to. Only thing is, HP isn't warranting this product or sending a product recall for it. There has been a product recall for the DV9000's, DV2000s, DV7000s and many others all with the same issue.

Why is HP not recognizing this issue with the motherboard, NVidia graphics and the cooling system?

Basically, the cooling system is horrible and the NVidia GPU over heats and fries the board or the GPU chip.  Computer is 3.5 years old and toast. Really nice HP.

Anyone know if there will be a recall?

Top Student
bobrogers
Message 2 of 4 (361 Views)

Re: DV6810 Video no longer works / computer no longer starts

it was a bad card, it went to court in a class action, I am still waiting to be payed, i just put in a new board $85 it was fun!
Top Student
bambam_250r
Message 3 of 4 (352 Views)

Was the lawsuit just for you or for the whole series? If so, do you have the information for the class action lawsuit?

I was going to put in a new board because it's not too expensive but why put in a new board if it's going to break again soon?  It's easy too though.  Just got a new Acer. Very nice. But if I can get a new board for free it'll be nice having the extra laptop laying around.

Top Student
bobrogers
Message 4 of 4 (349 Views)

It was a class action suit, I received a card in the mail telling me about it!

It was the NVIDIA chip some thing about they may have sold bad chips to HP.

You may fine more on line NVIDIA class action!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation