DV7-1279WM Touchpad problems (569 Views)
Student
Rockman4140
Message 1 of 1 (569 Views)

DV7-1279WM Touchpad problems

I've been having some troubles with the Touchpad involving a program or two, and I've had a very annoying issue from the beginning with this touchpad. I'm hoping someone can assist me.

My touchpad does not allow me to scroll during a game. Not being able to scroll stops me from adjusting camera range to varying situations in game, and is a major pain to deal with. I've noticed it once before with Firefox just when I had installed it, but that solved itself.

I do happen to recall a case where I also couldn't activate Ventrilo from the game, and in order to fix that, I had to run Ventrilo in Administrator mode and the game in normal mode. I attempted the same fix, running the Touchpad software in Administrator mode and the game in normal to no avail.

I've updated the drivers from the Synaptics website with no luck, and I'll be replacing them with the HP issued ones.

My final issue, which is more of a nitpick than anything else, is that there is no Middle Button Emulation for the Synaptic drivers. That boggles the mind that such a rudimentary feature is completely missing from such an acclaimed leader in touchpad devices. It's as essential as the scroll feature is now to the everyday user.

Any help would be appreciated. I'd be glad to learn of any other set of alternate drivers that will at least offer me the ability to scroll vertically and middle click emulation.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation