Question

Student
flunkyou2
Message 1 of 3 (2,073 Views)

Hiya im looking for Drivers for a HP DVD550s   External dvd drive.... i have been looking for ages! lol

Please someone help :smileyhappy:

Provost
Huffer
Message 2 of 3 (2,067 Views)

Re: DVD550s

It should not need drivers. What are you trying to plug it in to? Or what are you trying to do with it? You might need software to watch movies or burn DVDs but the drive itself should mount as a lettered drive in any version of WIndows since XP SP2 when you plug it into a usb port.

Associate Professor
parvez_tech
Message 3 of 3 (2,064 Views)

Re: DVD550s

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Is the DVD drive working? or are you looking for the drivers because it is not showing correctly in Device Manager?

This drive had a similar issue like the one below:

Why does my DVD Writer show in Device Manager with a Different ID

HP DVD Writer - Identifying the Revision dvd640 in the PC

DVD-RW 16X HP DVD Writer 640b Drive Firmware Update

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
If you have HP Support Assistant installed on the computer(The Blue Question Mark) then open it ==> Complete all pending Updates & Tuneups==> Restart and Check. It may solve your problem
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
**Click on “Kudos” Star if you think this reply helped**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation