Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My HP Pabilion is a few years old, and I always THOUGHT it had Bluetooth capabilities pre-installed, internally.
But I just tried to pair it with my cell phone (never needed to try to do that before) and I'm starting to wonder if Bluetooth was never there all along.
There ARE Bluetooth Settings listed in the Windows Control Panel, and the option to "Add a wireless device", but it doesn't see my phone, when I try to pair it.
And Bluetooth is not listed in the HP Wireless Assistant, or the Windows Mobility Center.
Any help? I'm starting to feel pretty stupid...

P.S. This thread has been moved from Notebook - HP ProBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE to Notebook PCs - Pavilions, Presario. - Hp Forum moderator

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The Specs page for your model does not list a Bluetooth Adapter. Under Wireless Connectivity section only the Intel Wireless adapter is shown.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01550118

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi, 

You can go device manager to check if there's Bluetooth driver.

If there isn't or the driver is not working properly, you can go HP website to download the latest Bluetooth driver.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I work for HP.
Please click the white "Kudos" star to say thanks.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if you think my response helpful.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply; I only just noticed it.
I checked the device manager, and i didn't see anything that said "bluetooth" listed there.
So I downloaded a driver installer (sp38457.exe) from the HP site (Software Support for HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth Wireless Technology [Microsoft Windows Vista]).
I ran the installer, but it's not helping me.
Getting a window that says: "Bluetooth Software: No bluetooth device was detected. Please make sure that your Bluetooth device is plugged in properly in order to continue installation."
So what's wrong here?
Is there hardware missing from my machine?

HP Recommended

The Specs page for your model does not list a Bluetooth Adapter. Under Wireless Connectivity section only the Intel Wireless adapter is shown.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01550118

HP Recommended

Thanks, Cheryl G.
I should have known... 
Still, seems kinda hard to believe no bluetooth was already in there. The machine's not THAT old, maybe 2010? and it was priced pretty high-end at the time.
But i can still add a bluetooth adapter, right? Like, a USB-port plug-in thing, right?

HP Recommended

It is not really the age of the laptop , but just that this model was not configured with builtin bluetooth. I have a 2009 model laptop which has bluetooth and a newer 2012 model without.

Yes you can of course add bluetooth adapter.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.