Disable Touchpad on EliteBook 2570p permanently (10034 Views)
Honor Student
BetaTester
Message 1 of 3 (10,034 Views)

Disable Touchpad on EliteBook 2570p permanently

Hi everybody

I have a problem with my touchpad: I want to disable it. I can do that by double-tapping the light on the touchpad. However, whenever I double-tap it again it is enabled again. Given that the enable/disable light is *exactly* below the left mouse button, this happens *a lot*. For example: When I browse through folders in file explorer I have to double click often. This results in the touchpad being turned on and off once every 2 *seconds* (also resulting in the on-screen display telling me that the status of the touch-pad changed).

Apparently, I can turn the touchpad off in BIOS neither. After login in to McAfee (for hard-disk decryption), windows is started immediately => I cant get into BIOS setup.

Any ideas?

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 2 of 3 (9,992 Views)

Disable Touchpad on EliteBook 2570p permanently

[ Edited ]

Hello BetaTester. I understand that you'd like to disable your touchpad. Is this correct?

Follow these steps to disable your touchpad.

1. Click Start, type "mouse properties," and hit Enter.
  2. Go to the Hardware tab.
  3. You can disable the touchpad here in the list.
  4. Verify this worked as expected and post the result.

I hope this is helpful; have a great day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

Honor Student
BetaTester
Message 3 of 3 (9,986 Views)

Re: Disable Touchpad on EliteBook 2570p permanently

Unfortunately, my 2nd 2570p with the 3rd SSD disk has died for the 3rd time. Therefore I can currently not test your suggestion. However, I think I already tried that and the change is *not* permanent: As soon as I inadvertently double-click the light on the touchpad, it still enables again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation