Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 2740p
Windows 7

My fingerprint scanner has gone down.

I assume it is a hardware issue as have gone through all HP recomendations to get it working at: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02519007

but nothing has worked.

Anyway the notebook never leaves my house so it's not an issue. However, everytime I turn the notebook on and log in with my password, HP security manager butts in and spends a minute looking for the reader before telling me the biometric authentication service is not working and asks if I would like to continue without it.

Can I disable this program to speed boot up time as it is not needed in my instance?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @taliz ,

To get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since this is a commercial product. You can do this at Commercial Forums.

Even though this is a Commercial product, You could follow these steps, even though, I don't recommend this as it is Security Tools.
Step 1:Click Start, then "All Programs." Select "HP Protect Tools Security Manager" from the list of programs.
Step 2:Click "Settings." Click the box to the left of the menu. The green check in the box should disappear, which means that the application is disabled.
Step 3:Close the window and restart the computer. 

Hope this helps you.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.