Disableing the wireless switch on a hp pavilion dv6000? (1885 Views)
Student
chlln1591
Message 1 of 2 (1,885 Views)

Disableing the wireless switch on a hp pavilion dv6000?

Hey everyone, i have a hp pavilion dv6000 and the wireless switch is making me want to throw it out the window. I play poker as a full time job and apparently hp thought it was a good idea to make the wireless switch a contact switch, so no pressure is needed to hit it on or off AND they put it less than an inch to the right of the volume slider!!! so when i slide my finger along the volume control i always acidently hit it, I honestly can say i have lost a couple hundred bucks now due to this and im going to get rid of it and never buy an hp product again if i cant get it disabled, i know this sounds petty but wtf who designed this? I have a pretty advance knowlege of computers so if theres anything i can delete in the registry or do in the bios the disable this switch please let me know!!! otherwise out the window this thing goes, nothing makes me madder than having a hundred bucks invested in a poker hand only to throw off my wireless and have it auto folded!!!

Top Student
randallrivy11
Message 2 of 2 (1,839 Views)

Re: Disableing the wireless switch on a hp pavilion dv6000?

start/settings/control panels/device manger/network adapters/  when u find ur  wireless  right click and come down to properties  and  then click disable

but  why would u wanna  disable  it  if u do u will not be able to connect to the internet unless  ur  gonna usa  a  pci express card

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation