Question

Honor Student
babs71958
Message 1 of 3 (2,732 Views)
Accepted Solution

Disabling touchpad

I have an HP Pavilion dv7-6169nr.  I use a USB mouse...and cannot disable the touchpad.  The cursor moves  randomly when typing and I must re-do much of what i have already typed. 

Thanks in advance for any assistance offered.

Barb

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 3 (2,725 Views)

Re: Disabling touchpad

[ Edited ]

Hi Barb,

First, download the latest Synaptics driver installer on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp52501-53000/sp52661.exe

Next, open windows Control Panel, open Programs and Features, right click the entry 'Synaptics Pointing Device Driver' and select Uninstall.

When this has completed, restart the notebook.

When windows has fully reloaded, open your Downloads folder, right click the Synaptics installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.  When this has completed, restart the notebook again.

Now follow the procedure under the sub-heading 'Disable the ClickPad' in the document on the link below.

Configure The ClickPad.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
babs71958
Message 3 of 3 (2,716 Views)

Re: Disabling touchpad

Thanks, David...it worked like a charm,  Now I wish it were as easy to get my blu-ray player to work on my TV.  Yes, I have posted the question, and followe the replies you sent, all to no avail. :smileysad:

But thanks for this resolution!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation