Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 2013 Ultra Slim Docking Sta
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After upgrading my HP laptop to windows 10, I cannot get dual monitor capability from my HP 2013 Ultra Slim Docking Station. My VGA monitor works fine but the second monitor which is connected with a displayport cable says there is no signal detected. I've installed all updates and looked around for a solution but have found none so far. Unfortunately, this docking station only has one VGA port and two displayport connections for monitors, no HDMI. Help Please.

29 REPLIES 29
HP Recommended

I have exactly same problem after upgrading to Windows 10. The two display ports does not work on the ultraslim docking (i have Folio 1040 laptop).

The displayport on the laptop does not work eather - when connected directly to the monitor. The VGA port on docking works and i can use the laptop screen and the VGA connection...

Do we need new drivers? Please help!! 🙂  

HP Recommended

My problem is similar. Im using the same docking station with an Elitebook 840 G1 Laptop. To my docking station are two displays connected with DVI-to-DisplayPort adapters.

On my laptop I've installed all recommended system updates (including the updates for my AMD and Intel graphics adapters) and BIOS firmware and I also installed a firmware update for the docking station.

When connected to the docking station the laptop doesn't boot and shutdown correctly. Even the automaic upgrade to Windows10 didn't work because of the docking station. Without docking station everything works well.

Windows reports an INTERNAL POWER ERROR during booting.

Booting without docking station and reconnecting to docking station before logging in works sometimes, but only with one externally connected display.

HP: please fix this problem soon and provide a similar docking station with DVI and/or HDMI connectors instead of DisplayPort!

Chris

HP Recommended

I'm having the exact same issues on my Zbook 14 and trying to use Displayport and VGA or dual DisplayPort

Some addtional information I tried.

- Tried a DVI to DP Adapter (same issue)

- Updated all Drivers (Intel, AMD video, Firmware for Ultraslim Docking Station 2013)

- Work using VGA on Dock.

- Works if I use VGA on Dock and DisplayPort on Laptop (you have to boot up before plugging in the DP cable into the laptop port, after that it stays working even after reboots until you unplug it or undock. Then you have to repeat the process.

Nothing seems to work and is specific the the Windows 10 and the DisplayPort functionality on the Ultraslim Docking Station 2013

The only other thing I noticed is that the Ultraslim Docking Station supports DisplayPort 1.2, but everything worked when using Windows 7. So I doubt it has anything to do with the displays. Unless the Bios update had changed something for the Displayport 1.2 functionality.

HP Recommended

Have the same issue with my Elitebook 850 and the HP 2013 Ultra Slim Docking Station.

No signal detected when using displayport in docking station. No problem if displayport connected directly to PC.

Same problem with 3 different docking stations.

Running Windows 10 with all the latest HP drivers, BIOS and FW for Docking Station.

I have opened a case with HP and waiting for answer.

HP Recommended

I have a similar problem with my Zbook 14, two E241i monitor and ultra slim dock.

- If I use the two display ports none of the monitors are detected on boot. I have to undock and re-dock the zbook before the monitors are detected.

- If I use one monitor with a DVI cable (display port/DIV adapter) and the other with display port, then the monitors are (sometimes) detected on boot, but often it is only the DVI monitor that is detected. I then have to turn the other monitor off and then on, before it is detected.

- If I open my Zbook, so I have all three displays  active, then they all seem to work on startup...

- The Intel HD Graphics Family card is shown as disabled with the yellow triangle

NOTE: We have quite a few different HP laptops with ultra slim docking stations in our company, and they all seem to have similar problems after upgrading to Windows 10. We also had issues when going from windows 7 to 8.1, and a firmware update for the Ultraslim dock seemed to fix this.

I hope HP will react to this soon

HP Recommended

Hi,

Same problem here, using a HP 2013 Ultra Slim Docking Station, upragded to Windows 10 and now VGA connected monitor not working.

Using both displayport connections, which are working fine, but the third monitor which uses the VGA connection doesn't work.  Not using the laptop screen.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi PeerOne

You're absolutely right, should wait until at least the first Service Pack, I have reverted back to W8.1 and all three monitors are working fine.

Thanks.

eConker

HP Recommended

If it was old equipment, then I would wait awhile to make sure my legacy equpment would be supported, but when all things are fairly new then I expect things to work with upgrades. I know, in a perfect world thats how things should work, but....

HP Recommended

Marlop

Please update the Firmware

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71001-71500/sp71104.exe

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.