Question

Honor Student
DougK2010
Message 1 of 4 (16,426 Views)

Docking Station HP Pavilion dv6

Where can I find a docking station (not just a port replicator) fot a HP Pavilion dv6

Doug K
Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 2 of 4 (16,422 Views)

Re: Docking Station HP Pavilion dv6

if we are talking about dv6-3000 series unit, that try targus USB docking station... Here is link http://www.targus.com/us/productlist.aspx?productCategoryId=13

I have not tired but old name in business of doing these...

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Honor Student
DougK2010
Message 3 of 4 (16,414 Views)

I'm looking for a "one stop" solution. The connection to the docking station should power the Laptop as well as provide port connections without needing a seperate AC connection to the laptop.

Doug K
Student
JoyceB1028
Message 4 of 4 (3,713 Views)

I bought this docking station last September when I purchased my laptop and it has been nothing but trouble. I have been working with Targus support with no solution. I get a BSOD while connected to VPN now with the new updates support had me put on my laptop. I will have to roll back those drivers. The unit loses connection, the HDMI port connected to an external Samsung 26" monitor fades in and out. Targus wanted me to run a program in the background to capture information. As I work for a financial institution from home, I don't feel that is a good idea as I am skeptical as to what information they would capture. So I am looking for a new solution for a docking station. These are cheap to have to just toss away.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation