Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I'm using a Elitebook 8470p laptop with an A7E32AA docking station (90w 2012). If I plug my Logitech Z313 2.1 speakers into the laptop headphone jack the sound quality is as expected. If I plug the speakers into the docking station jack, the subwoofer produces no sound. The situation is the same using another set of 2.1 speakers (Logitech X230).With an older docking station and laptop both sets of speakers perform as expected when using the docking station jack. Has anyone else encountered this? Is there any remedy?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If you are running the SRS Premium Sound PRO software open it - Control Panel, Hardware and Sound. Go to the Listening experience and uncheck Audio Enhancment. For some reason Audio Enhancment is not enhancing anything.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I'm having this same problem, different model laptop (mine is an 8560W) and slightly different dock (A7E38AA). The sound quality from the dock is horrible through either headphones or larger speakers.

I've got the latest IDT High Def Audio drivers from the HP Support site. This happened on both Win7 and now 8.1. I'm convinced this isn't a software issue. The audio should be a straight pass-through with some amplification, so my guess is that this is due to sub-standard components inside the dock.

I'd love to be proven wrong though. Can someone from HP weigh in and confirm if this is a known bug in the IDT driver or if we're simply stuck with using the laptop jack rather than the dock (which starts to defeat the purpose of the dock)?

HP Recommended

I'm having the sameproblem an 8570p, laptop jack works fine docking station jack is horrible.  HP doesn't seem to care, as there are quite a number of posts about the sound problems with the docking stations. 

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue 8470p with Advanced 240W docking station. Sound is fine out of audio jack on laptop but when pugged into audio jack on docking station there is no sound from subwoofer.

HP Recommended
Same problem here with my new 230 W Advanced Dockingstation A7E38AA#AAB. One wonders how "advanced" this product is ?

Dear HP, don't you realize that there are actually offices where music is found to boast well-beiing and creativity ?

I would very much like a sugestion on how to solve this issue, or which product does pass-through audio in an acceptable quality. Thanks in advance !
HP Recommended

If you are running the SRS Premium Sound PRO software open it - Control Panel, Hardware and Sound. Go to the Listening experience and uncheck Audio Enhancment. For some reason Audio Enhancment is not enhancing anything.

HP Recommended

Great to have this fixed! Thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.