Does Presario f767nr support AHCI? (126 Views)
Honor Student
bhayward
Message 1 of 4 (126 Views)

Does Presario f767nr support AHCI?

I have a Compaq Presario F767nr and just installed a SSD (Samsung 840EVO).  In order to optimize the drive, I need to enable AHCI, but(of course) bios setup does not option this, and Samsung Magician does not detect it.  Does the MB / BIOS / Nvidia drivers even support AHCI?  Bios is Phoenix F.0A, 3/22/2011.

Thank you for any help you can give me,

Bo

HP
Sparkles1
Message 2 of 4 (91 Views)

Re: Does Presario f767nr support AHCI?

Hi Bo,

Thank you for your query.  I am glad to assist you.

I understand that you are trying to install, a ssd drive and it is not detected by the bios.  Your system does not support SSD drivers. For your information I am including the HP G6000 Notebook PC and Compaq Presario F700 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide.  Under hard drives,  (page 40) you will see there are only 3 supported drives.  I hope this has answered your question.

Sparkles1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
bhayward
Message 3 of 4 (80 Views)

Hello Sparkles1,

I appreciate your response and attempt to help me, but you misunderstood my question.   I have already installed the SSD in the laptop.  The BIOS acurately detected the drive.  It is running Win 7 (x64).  The system is compatable with any 2.5" SATA drive.

My question was this:  Is the Presario F700 series (or specifically the F767NR) supportive of AHCI, or IDE only?  I am trying to optimize the drive to get the most benifit, and in order to do that I need AHCI enabled, but the optimization software (Samsung Magician) can not detect AHCI.  I know that most systems manufactured in 2008 did support AHCI, but maybe this one did not.  Since the BIOS is locked, I can not get to an option to enable it, so I can not tell from that.

Thank you,

Bo

HP
Sparkles1
Message 4 of 4 (65 Views)

Hi Bo

Thank you for your response.

Here is a link to document on How to Add Serial ATA (SATA) Drives to a Windows Installation.. The instructions should help you to enable AHCI.  Please let me know if this has helped.

Sparkles1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation