Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

PRODUCT NAME: PAVILION G4-1303au

OPERATING SYSTEM: WINDOWS 7 32BIT

Does my pavilion g4-1303au laptop support uefi bios... i want to install win 8 in uefi mode... if no,.. when will HP upgrade my legacy bios to UEFI bios...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I can finally see the images. Did you enter the BIOS and click on the Security options if they exist? 

Your images do not show that. InSyde BIOSes normally have sections for Configuration,Security and Boot Options.

Power button , immediately tap the Esc key  a few times to invoke the startup menu and then select F10 for the BIOS. F9 is for the Boot options. There is also a Boot options screen in the BIOS.

@ajmalthesmart

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Press the power button and then immediately tap the Esc key. Does a startup menu appear? If it has HP Advanced PC diagnostics as an option for the F2 key then it probably does have a  UEFI environment installed. I just took a look at the available drivers for Windows 7 and I see the UEFI Support environment amongst the list. Windows 8 (32 & 64-bit) drivers and applications are also available for your notebook.

Enter the startup menu and choose F10 for BIOS. Check to see if secure boot enable\disable and Legacy Boot Support are available options.

To install Windows 8 in UEFI mode the hard disk partitions must be GPT. this is an advanced topic and a bit beyond the intended scope of the forum , so I recommend that you search for a how to install Windows 8 in UEFI mode.  There will be a steep learning curve on this, especially if your notebook is partitioned in NTFS instead of GPT.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

i have checked.. but there is no secure boot and legacy boot support options.!!!

HP Recommended

Does your notebook have the UEFI environment?

Did you check it as I suggested?

Have you checked in Computer Management --> Disk Management to see which kind of partitions there are in your  notebook's hard disk?   (NTFS or GPT?)

HP Recommended

My notebook have UEFI support environment...and i downloaded from drivers page then installed UEFI diagnostic tool in HDD.. and checked by pressing F2 in startup menu..it booting the uefi diagnostic tool,...but in bios menu there is no SECURE BOOT and LEGACY BOOT options...!

My system primary partitions are NTFS , HP_TOOLS partition(1 GB) is FAT32...

is my laptop can boot windows 8 in UEFI mode...??

HP Recommended

Check the version of the installed BIOS. If it is not the most current version, installing the latest version may add those options. It is possible also that your notebook is one of the earlier UEFI diagnostic capable types that is not capable of booting in UEFI Mode. We will know that after you report the results of your BIOS findings and update, if an update is possible.

HP Recommended

i Have the most recent version of bios... but there is no UEFI boot options...!!!

MY

PRODUCT NAME: PAVILION G4-1303au

BOARD NO: 3564

BIOS VERSION: F.6A

BIOS DATE: 13/5/2013

BIOS NAME: InsydeH2O REV 3.5

softpaq no: sp62234

the following Picture taken from UEFI diagnostic tool.. 

image.jpg

the following image is my BIOS boot order...

HP Recommended

Well, that  does answer the question.     I am waiting for your answer  to my post from today.

It appears that, barring an update that includes the options, currently it is not going to be an option for your notebook.

HP Recommended

will hp add the UEFI boot options in next bios update...?

HP Recommended

I can finally see the images. Did you enter the BIOS and click on the Security options if they exist? 

Your images do not show that. InSyde BIOSes normally have sections for Configuration,Security and Boot Options.

Power button , immediately tap the Esc key  a few times to invoke the startup menu and then select F10 for the BIOS. F9 is for the Boot options. There is also a Boot options screen in the BIOS.

@ajmalthesmart

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.