Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am not sure about Win8, I have not tried yet. But I have just got the RTM last night, yet to try and update you.

Just afew thoughts. Try the F.28 where I got no issues and it worked as indicated by HP. In addition, use the new Intel RST driver version 11.5.4.1001. You can google it. I am using it as well, with no issues. If you can not find the download link, I can send you the driver.

HP Recommended

your disk is MBR or GPT?

HP Recommended

MBR

HP Recommended

I have installed Win 8 Pro with no issues. Installing is straightforward, and completed successfully. Boot-up is like a charm. Bios is F.28

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.