Driver error for LightScribe Blu-Ray (HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW CT10L ATA Device) (25958 Views)
Honor Student
TrinityWebDes
Message 1 of 18 (25,958 Views)

Driver error for LightScribe Blu-Ray (HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW CT10L ATA Device)

Starting a week or so ago Windows no longer recognized my LightScribe Blu-Ray optical drive.  I've uninstalled the driver and "re-scanned" for new hardware.  Windows found the drive but was unable to "re-install" the drivers.  Below is the erroe that I'm getting in the device manager properties.

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)
Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

I went to Windows forum but have already tried the two solutions they suggest, with no luck.

I'm sure that installinga  new driver woudl fix the issue, however, I'm having a hard time finding the manufacturer since it's the drive that came with the laptop.

HP Pavilion dv7-1267cl

Win Vista 64

4GB Ram

LightScribe Blu-Ray

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Matt

Grad Student
nazcar4u
Message 2 of 18 (25,944 Views)

Re: Driver error for LightScribe Blu-Ray (HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW CT10L ATA Device)

are you using, or have you installed Itunes?

is this the fix you tried?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

All of my posts reflect my opinion only and not of HP.
Honor Student
TrinityWebDes
Message 3 of 18 (25,928 Views)

I've seen that fix but I wasn't quite sure if I wanted to mess with the registery or not.  I am using iTunes and now that you mentioned that I've been getting a message (from iTunes) about being unable to burn CD's since I installed the latest version.  I'm attempting to reinstall iTunes now.
Grad Student
nazcar4u
Message 4 of 18 (25,924 Views)

I have had a ton of calls recently with folks with this issue. and they all seemed to have downloaded the latest itunes.......are you also running 64bit Vista?

this link has a button to FIX IT  for you automatically.  uninstall itunes first...then fix the registry. Then try you dvd drive and it should work.  THEN try reinstalling an older version of Itunes and see what happens.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

Grad Student
nazcar4u
Message 5 of 18 (25,923 Views)

also forgot to mention....if you need the drivers for any of your preinstalled devices, go to "start" and type recovery...go to recovery manager>advanced options....and there is a menu choice to reinstall the drivers.....
Honor Student
TrinityWebDes
Message 6 of 18 (25,835 Views)

I ended up uninstalling and re-installing iTunes 64 v.9.0.1 and then about a day later my Blu Ray drive appeared.  It seems to be working now but I'm still getting the iTunes message that says "unable to burn or rip CD's please reinstall iTunes."  That was a paraphrase.  I have a feeling that I haven't seen the last of the disappearing drive but I'll hold off on changing the registry until it happens again.

Thanks so much for all your help.

Matt

Honor Student
TrinityWebDes
Message 7 of 18 (25,236 Views)

Ok, it's still happening.  I once again uninstalled iTunes and my drive reapeared only have installing iTunes (latest 64bit version) again.  Everything worked great until I restarted my computer and then the drive disapeared again.  Should I install a 32bit version of iTunes instead?  Or would it be better to make the registry change??

Thanks for your hlep, 

Matt

Grad Student
nascar4u
Message 8 of 18 (25,207 Views)

if you are dead set on using itunes the older version is my recomendation, NOT version 9

click Kudos to say thanks if I helped
Student
trudyron
Message 9 of 18 (23,135 Views)

i'm having the exact problem and getting the code 19 error. i tryed to do the fix it but it not solve my problem what should i try next? i do not have an itune program  so i don't think that is my problem

thanks

trudy

Student
gorbit99
Message 10 of 18 (13,636 Views)

I'm actually having the same problem.  I tried uninstalling the device, tried uninstalling the IDE ports, tried the windows fix it, and tried to uninstall/reinstall HP DVD player.  Nada.  Anyone else have any ideas????

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation