Question

Student
OSUBeav
Message 1 of 2 (149 Views)

ENVY Quad Laptop, Windows 8, Can't Left Click While Pressing Another Key

Hello Everyone-

I just received my new laptop last night (ENVY Quad, Windows 8 Pro, 16GB Memory, Intel 7 CPU) and I had similar issues as others while trying to play online games. I was able to go into the touchpad controls and remove the settings that stopped me from using the pad while while pressing another key.

The issue I now have is that while pressing another key to 'walk' in my online game; I cannot get a response from the pad to perform a 'left mouse click'. Essentially I can choose to use my keyboard OR click my mouse.

Also, it seems to take a moment or two to realise I stopped using my keyboard before allowing a mouse click.

Any ideas on a setting I can change to allow simultaneous Mouse-clicks and keyboard usage? or is this a defect in my system?

Thanks!

HP Support Agent
Mrstenter
Message 2 of 2 (120 Views)

Re: ENVY Quad Laptop, Windows 8, Can't Left Click While Pressing Another Key

I understand you are having issue with the mouse click. If you disable the pad it will stop the functions all together.

Here is a document on a TouchPad pointing device with a touch-sensitive surface.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&dlc=en&docname=c03523373&lc=en&product=5363765&tmp...

Hope this helps with settings.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Mrs.Tenter
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation