Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Just looking for anyone that may have the EliteBook 840 with the i7-4600U processor in it to confirm whether or not Intel VT-d and TXT are specifically supported in the BIOS.  They should appear in BIOS options (probably under Security and appearing as an on/off toggle) if they are supported.

I am strongly considering ordering an EliteBook 840 with i7-4600U for use with the Xen virtualization environment, but need to confirm VT-d and TXT are supported in the BIOS before I can buy.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I Have a Elitebook 840 but the options are greyed out. i tried it with every single user i have. no way.

seem to be the options are not supported ;( still on investigation.

HP Recommended

I can confirm that VT-d and TXT are supported  on 840 i7-4600U.

When asked login as guest in Bios, answer Yes.

Then you can enable/disable VT-d and TXT under Advanced in Bios.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.