Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a EliteBook 8540p that just ran out of warranty,  and now no longer powers on.

Had it on for about an hour, let the battery charge up to 100% then turned it off. Next day when to power it on and lights above keyboard blinked once and thats all it does now.

Tried to power it on with just the battery and then just on ac power but with same behavior. All the lights above keyboard blink once then nothing after pressing power button. With battery installed and ac power plugged in, battery light on front of notebook is on and is Turquoise indicating full charge of battery. This is all it does now.

Is this a hardware failure ? What does the lights blinking once mean ?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

i am a computer technition at my own shop.before 2 months i bought 8540p laptop for my friend from another shop, before a few days it was giving same problem , at the internet i did not find no soltion of this problem ,i just find your problem here, so at last i decided  try it by myself. now i have the solution and it's 100% working.

1. unplug your battery and charger from your laptop.

2.open the 3 screws of keyboard from backside(downside) of your laptop.

3.open the keboard clips from upper side carefully and put it out.

4.now you will see the three or four strips near to your touchpad, disconnect these strips from motherboard.

5.Plug just your battery in and push the power on button.

I hope 100% ,your laptop will power on and your problem will be solved.

now power off your laptop and connect the strips to motherboad that u have disconected, and connect your keyboad strips also, assemeble everthing that u dissassembled. and enjoy your laptop.

sorry for my poor english i dont know english language well. further if u have any problem u can contact to me here,thanks.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much!  I can't believe this actually worked for me...

On my 8540P, there are 3 strips, and 2 of them are for the fingerprint swiper and the contactless module.  I left them all unplugged..and am now using a remote keyboard.

What a fix...I wonder what is causing the problem?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.