Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I've been trying for days to get a satellite fix, by using GPS Satellite from Store, without any luck.

HP GNSS Sensor and Windows Location Services are enabled.

The only info I get, sometimes, are Altitude reading but no satellites and no fix.

I tried to place my phone and tablet  beside the 840 and both picks up satellites and get a fix quite fast. So I know I have gps covering.

AS we know the GPS interface has changed from Win7/XP to Win8. Win8 use an API and not com ports.

Has anyone successfully got a reading, lock / fix,  from the HP GNSS Sensor?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Toffy

I have both the 1.06 bios and the latest drivers.

I downloaded MS Sensor Diagnostic Tool and  I ran it in parallel with all of the GPS related apps from MS Store The apps dont read correct data from the GNSS-sensor(whitch is a Huawei chip btw). All  apps is showing wrong altitude and missing data.  

The Sensort Diagnostic Tool shows me that II got16 satellites in view and 7 satellites used in fix .

These apps show lattitude and longitude position but that info is not from the GNSS-sensor. It's from triangulation data from Windows Location Service.

So my conlution is that the GPS-apps i MS Store does a bad job reading info from the GNSS-sensor.

Attached picture shows info from the Sensor Diagnostic Tool when testing.

HP should add a small app with info on satellites in view and satellites used in fix so we don't need to trust those badly developed apps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

fasst

First update the Bios

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=5405365&sp...

Install the Driver Pack

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=5405365&sp...

go outside and test the GPS

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

HP Recommended

@Toffy

I have both the 1.06 bios and the latest drivers.

I downloaded MS Sensor Diagnostic Tool and  I ran it in parallel with all of the GPS related apps from MS Store The apps dont read correct data from the GNSS-sensor(whitch is a Huawei chip btw). All  apps is showing wrong altitude and missing data.  

The Sensort Diagnostic Tool shows me that II got16 satellites in view and 7 satellites used in fix .

These apps show lattitude and longitude position but that info is not from the GNSS-sensor. It's from triangulation data from Windows Location Service.

So my conlution is that the GPS-apps i MS Store does a bad job reading info from the GNSS-sensor.

Attached picture shows info from the Sensor Diagnostic Tool when testing.

HP should add a small app with info on satellites in view and satellites used in fix so we don't need to trust those badly developed apps.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.