Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
L3Nurd have you found the solution? I have the same problem with my 8460p.
HP Recommended

the same problem with my 4730s.

so strange that HP support keep silence for a long time ((

HP Recommended
From the start of this topic until now. I havent found a solution anywhere... I dont use the webcam that much but it annoys me to know that there is a part of my laptop that is not functioning. HP support only told me to reinstall drivers but that didnt work. Dont know anything else tho. Bring it in for repair/replacement i guess. But i think just buy a cheap clip-on webcam or something instead of having to give in your laptop for some weeks to hear that your stuff is gone when u get it back. Maybe if we are lucky a solution will pop-up one day.
HP Recommended

*kick*

Is there a solution for this HP? 
I just got a new Elitebook 8760w out of the box for my work, installed some CRM and office programs. 

Now I need to do some Skype calls with colleagues in other countries, but my webam fails. Same problems as mentioned before, camera seems not to connect (screen stays black/gray), sounds does work though.

I reinstalled drivers, no luck.

Thanks in advance for a quick reply/solution.

HP Recommended

Anyone got him/herself to situation where Windows XP sees camera as imagining device but firmware update don't see the camera? Even XP sees the camera it won't work.

I was flashing the firmware for the camera using SP55471.exe, first camera was detected log says:

Camera Ready..

Flash erasing..

Flash Zero checking...

Flash Zero checking....Fail

After that firmware update jams, and when closed and tried to flash again log says:

Camera is not ready or NO camera

How to restore old firmware or update new now?

HP Recommended

Same here - EliteBook 2560p, Win7 x64. FW update and I have camera no more.

It just amazes me how HP incompetent is - ruining mostly business notebooks.

HP Recommended
It annoys me quite a bit that there's NO reply or solution from a HP employee at all at the HP "support" forum....
HP Recommended

I do, too, get irritated by the utter negligence of we receive. I write to HP and all I got was "take it to a repair shop". WTH? First they break the camera firmware with some 2011 FW update, then do nothing. Losers!

BTW, I disconnected the camera from the mainboard - as suggested in one of the posts - but it did not help at all.

HP Recommended

finally I ordered a camera module via internet suppliers for 13$ and changed it by myself for 5 mins and now it works fine

actually it was even cheaper than my trip costs to HP repair shop

really it was my most disappointed experience of customer support  

HP Recommended
Can you give the module model?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.