Question

Student
ml_anand
Message 1 of 4 (7,881 Views)

Enter Key and Control key is not working on my HP laptop (pavilion DV4 series)

Hi,

I'm having Pavilion DV4 series HP laptop. Last year i bought it and it was working, just couple of days back the Enter key and control keys are not working. Please advise or give the resolution to make it work. Thanks

Expecting your suggesstion ASAP

Regards,

Anand

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 4 (7,870 Views)

Re: Enter Key and Control key is not working on my HP laptop (pavilion DV4 series)

Hi,

ml_anand wrote:

Hi,

I'm having Pavilion DV4 series HP laptop. Last year i bought it and it was working, just couple of days back the Enter key and control keys are not working. Please advise or give the resolution to make it work. Thanks

Expecting your suggesstion ASAP

Regards,

Anand

Either the keyboard has failed or someone inadvertently spilled something sticky on it. Sorry to have to be blunt about it but that is just the way it is. 

You can order a new keyboard and replace it yourself if you feel you have the competence to do that. Of course not everyone is comfortable with doing that themselves. Alternatively you can take your laptop to a shop with certified technicians so they can do it for you. 

If you have had your laptop less than a year then it should still be in the warranty period. You can contact HP Total Care here.

best regards,

erico

****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
JuanFiguroa
Message 3 of 4 (7,417 Views)

Re: Enter Key and Control key is not working on my HP laptop (pavilion DV4 series)

HP Tech Support gave me the same annoying answer. I found a solution on my own, quite by accident, and am sharing it here in hopes I can save someone the trouble of arguing with HP Tech Support: I plugged in an external (USB) keyboard, and rebooted the notebook. Everything's working like new again. Whew.

Student
nonibach
Message 4 of 4 (6,341 Views)

Hello,I have a HP pavilion g series- which I wish I'd never bought to be honest! But my left click button doesnt click any more and even more annoyingly my enter button still 'clicks' but doesnt work. Do I need to do what you did? And if so, is it pretty simple? I'm not very computer minded I'm afraid... 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation