Question
Envy 14 - Hard Drive failure imminent
Replies (11)
Tutor
Message 11 of 12 (312 Views)

Re: Envy 14 - Hard Drive failure imminent

Just wanted to say what horrible support I've gotten from HP.  My computer failed on June 13, their website said my warrant was up June 15, and the computer was still in warranty.  I called today (June 15) and they won't honor it.

Hard drive failed...clearly, a lot of this going on with these laptops.

Pieces of junk...don't buy!!!!  They don't honor their warranty!!!!

Student
Message 12 of 12 (103 Views)

Re: Envy 14 - Hard Drive failure imminent

Wish I had known about ALL the problems with HP prior to spending £900 on an HP Envy...failed DVD player... Failed HP software to play said DVD's... No response from HP to these issues and now the same Hard drive failure during a backup to an external drive....devastating as I do not know how much I have lost....this laptop is under a year old.....I also note that there has been very little response from HP with regard to this very obvious issue with their Envy laptops...I am so pleased that I took out out cover with Curry's and not HP as they will try to recover my data...but they cannot guarantee success....first and last purchase of HP Laptops as my 10" laptop, bought at the same time, is also in for repair as the battery keeps failing to show the battery status, another known failure...
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation