Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hello,

I bought an HP Envy 15-J170us laptop which now has a cracked touch screen. I don't know how it got cracked, I put it in my padded PC backpack and set it in the back of my car, with nothing on top of it, and when I opened it up it had several cracks in the display radiating from one of the microphone holes (at least I assume it those are microphone holes) in the top of the glass. If this could be covered by my warranty it would be great, but if not, I need to know how I can get the touch screen replaced.

Thanks,

Mathew Pierce 

I am an HP employee.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If you purchased accidental damage protection plan, then this would be covered as a part of this plan. This is not covered as a part of standard warranty.

You can go to Manuals section and download the Maintenance and Service Guide which has the part number and the procedure to replace the screen:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp?prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=5354982

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

If you purchased accidental damage protection plan, then this would be covered as a part of this plan. This is not covered as a part of standard warranty.

You can go to Manuals section and download the Maintenance and Service Guide which has the part number and the procedure to replace the screen:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp?prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=5354982

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help, now where do I go to get parts?

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Many third party websites sell these parts:

http://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/HP-Compaq/720549-001/

If you want, you can get a paid service done through HP itself by contacting HP Technical Support @ 1-800-HP INVENT.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

HP Recommended

Does HP sell the part? I've looked on line at several of the spare parts suppliers and they all say that the replacement screens are non-touch.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

To my knowledge, HP does not sell this part as is. However, you can get paid service done by hp service center.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

HP Recommended
Same thing happened to me I don't bring my laptop out the house I certainly have not dropped it and just use sometimes to work from home so small usage I was sitting at my laptop doing work for a good hour hadn't moved when all screen kept flashing on and off and. Black spludge appeared on the left at the bottom of screen. I have researched this and this is not accidental damage this mysteriously happens to a huge amount of ho laptops for no reason bring that screws are too tight on the screens that with time this seems to be the result
I refuse to accept liability when it's clearly a manufacturing fault and would welcome someone getting back to me.

HP Recommended

im so flustered i didnot pay all this money for a computer that a company wont stand behind when it is a design flaw

i have a 2 year old envy 15 that stays in the same place all the time , closed and picked it up to clean heard screen crack

and yes mind also cracked from the small lt side hole at top of screen ! according to CS they have never  have a problem  with this models design

Lairs Lairs Lairs

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.