Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

It's been like almost two months, school has started and I'm still without a laptop. after the first set of communication from Jeff, it's been cricket after that. This is truly a disheartening experience especially since I loved the laptop, it worked amazingly before the hinge/screen situation. Truly disheartening. 

HP Recommended

That's the worst, all my classes are excel based so I can't be without a laptop for too long.  I'd rather get this sorted as soon as possible.

HP Recommended
Most if not all my classes use online learning things as well my books are on pdf ...... and I can't even utilize it because I dont have my laptop. I'm here borrowing family members' laptops because mine is hanging on by wires, the hinges are now completely separated from the screen
HP Recommended

09/16/14 - Jeff reached out to customer

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Left hand side hinge on my Envy sleekbook broke and HP repaired it under warranty at beginning of this year (2014). Now it is coming apart again,  so I don't know if they put a new frame on the screen or just repaired it with DS tape.  Of course now the warranty has run out (4 months ago) but I feel HP should repair this again and I should not have to pay for it.  It looks like the hinge is crooked, not at right-angle to the screen, so it must be getting bent out of shape (just like me!) I have been treating the laptop very carefully since it was repaired, opening and closing it with both hands very gently. 

Please respond Jeff.  Thank you.

HP Recommended

I know the feeling. Opened my laptop as normal and heard this loud crackling/popping noise. The Right hinge completely detached from the screen! Went to close they laptop back (hadn't opened it all the way) and the broke free from the case! I've had this laptop for two years and have kept it in great condition. Called Hp for repair options (since the pc still works and runs smoothly) was willing to pay any repair cost and they don't have any parts in stock. This 2 year old $1000 laptop has been outlasted by my $400 6 year old toshiba satellite, how embarrassing is that? 

HP Recommended

10/30/14 - Jeff reached out to customer

I work for HP
HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my Envy M6. What is HP doing about this?

HP Recommended

I have had this issue once before and it was covered by the warranty and i thought it was a one time thing but about a year after this issue got fixed it has just started happening again and i am currently trying to get HP to cover this for free even though it is out of warranty. Any tips on how to get them to do this. Thanks!!!

HP Recommended

Did you have any luck?  I've just received notification that they aren't fixing mine for a second time - they have decided it's "customer induced damage" this time - but its exactly the same problem as last time.

You read the forums, there are 400 posts relating to "Envy" and "Hinge" - that's not customer induced damage.  The first time ithe hinges became stiff, the screen cracked on opening.  We repaired the screen ourselves because the unit was out of warranty.  But the hinges soon became seized.  The bezel came away from the screen.  The second hinge snapped.  The unit was accepted for a free repair and came back with a new screen surround, new keyboard cover, new hard drive and looked like a new installation of windows - (not my original code).  This time, it's gone for repair and there is less damage - as only one hinge has seized and come out of the casing, snapping a small amount of the surround.  But now they are saying the defect is "customer induced"  How can HP, with 400 Envy owners having the same problem, claim the damage is customer induced?  The unit was in good health until the defective hinge did its damage.  Again.

Maybe they didnt do a good enough repair job the last time.  I think i will contact the credit card company.  Clearly something isn't right here.  Trading standards should be made aware of these issues.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.