Question

Student
phar414
Message 1 of 3 (1,763 Views)

Envy Dv6-7210us Windows 8 caps lock blinking continuously

Hi,
I noticed that there was a password set on my BIOS and I read in the forums that I could reset that by taking out the CMOS battery. Well I did such and while I was doing that I decided to clean my keyboard and fan unit, so I undid the screws for the keyboard and took the keyboard off. Now, after putting everything back together, my laptop will not turn on to the BIOS and thr caps lock light is flashing continuously and thr wi-fi amber light is on. I know the continuously single flash usually means there is a problem with the CPU, but I am wondering how this could have happened. I have done everything from the forums such as reseating the memory modules, trying to restore the BIOS, letting it sit overnight while running, power resetting, and taking out the CMOS battery again. Is there any other steps that I could be missing?
Master's Graduate
Siby_M
Message 2 of 3 (1,725 Views)

Re: Envy Dv6-7210us Windows 8 caps lock blinking continuously

Hi,

This is the Maintenance and Service Guide for your Notebook: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03591281.pdf

Can you please go through the replacement procedures of the components that you already replaced and confirm whether you had done everything accordingly? We will have to make sure that we are not missing on anything that is not letting the Notebook boot properly now. Please take utmost attention when you check the procedure for the procesor. If we miss on a small thing, it could be a problem.

Please support me by clicking on the Kudos star if you like my post and “Accept as Solution” if my advice answered or helped your situation. These are the best ways in which you can thank me.

I am an HP Employee. 

Student
kissfan1969
Message 3 of 3 (596 Views)

Re: Envy Dv6-7210us Windows 8 caps lock blinking continuously

I am having the excact same problem. Can you tell me if it was resolved, and if so, how?

Thank you!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation