Envy dv7-7202tx Fingerprint scanner not working (15205 Views)
Intern
LouieBot
Message 1 of 7 (15,205 Views)

Envy dv7-7202tx Fingerprint scanner not working

[ Edited ]

It was working until this morning. I woke up, turned laptop on, realized the built-in fingerprint scanner on my dv7-7202tx device isn't responding/working (no blinking at the start, it should be) I tried swiping my fingers over it, no response. I researched it online, one of the solution was to uninstall the HP Simple Pass program and the Validity Sensor driver under Biometric Devices and to reinstall both - I downloaded the Validity Driver (sp58900) off the HP website under my product , yet it's still not responding. The only problem here now is the Validity Sensor driver (HP Simple Pass is working fine). I opened Device Manager and scanned for hardware changes, now there's no Biometric Devices (or driver was it) but there is an unknown device under other devices (error code 43). I want the fingerprint scanner working again.

Note:

Yes, I did reboot after reinstalling. I even shut it down instead of restarting it.

I need help! Thanks!

EDIT: Also, I checked the Biometric Device under Control Panel, and it says Windows did not find any....
EDIT 2: In the Device Manager, I clicked on Show Hidden Devices, still no Biometric Devices ...

Intern
LouieBot
Message 2 of 7 (15,174 Views)

Re: Envy dv7-7202tx Fingerprint scanner not working

Help please? -.-
Intern
LouieBot
Message 3 of 7 (15,142 Views)

Help BUMP

Honor Student
HPwannaB
Message 4 of 7 (15,140 Views)

Sorry, the fingerprint scanner on my dv7 was always bad.
Intern
LouieBot
Message 5 of 7 (15,130 Views)

Update: Tried shutting the laptop down one night, it wouldn't, it just stayed on the desktop (Windows 8), I couldn't open anything, kept clicking, nothing opened. I had to hold the power button until it turned off. Turned it back on again, to see if there was something wrong after that (nothing wrong, infact it fixed something) It actually fixed the finger print scanner, it flashes when I slide my fingers over it, but it's not working properly. Usually, when I slide my finger over it, it would open HP Simple Pass, now it doesn't. It just flashes either white or red, and won't open Simple Pass. Help pls?

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 6 of 7 (15,115 Views)

Hello LouieBot,

There was an update to the BIOS for this notebook on the 15th of last month.  I'd like for you to begin there.

Simple Pass is located here amongst all your other drivers.

Please let me know what happens after you update the BIOS.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Intern
LouieBot
Message 7 of 7 (15,110 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi UniProg,

I did a BIOS update, I downloaded the latest BIOS  (sp60271.exe) which states that it was released on the 15th last month, but when I went on my System Information window, it says that mine is the 14/12/2012 version. Did I do something wrong? or is that just an unintended bug?

Also, when I try to scan if my laptop has any outdated drivers on the HP website, it says "we were unable to verify the product" what is wrong?

Kudos to you by the way!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation