Archean
Message 1 of 7 (8,533 Views)

Error 0xc0000225 on Boot

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have a DV6 6011TX notebook PC with:

S/N:{Removed for privacy}

P/N: LQ436PA#UUA

It came with Win7 x64 HP, and I have it updated to SP1 + all the latest patches/udpates.

I am getting the following error when I turn on my notebook or reboot it (and it happens randomly):

\Boot\BCD

0xc0000225

An error occurred while reading boot configuration data.

This started happening since last 3/4 weeks, and only thing which I did during that period was to upgrade BIOS to F.1A version from F.13.

I have tried to roll back bios to previous version i.e. F.13 from F.1A, but it gives error ‘Image Verification Failed’ and stops.

Kindly guide me:

1)      What is the appropriate fix for this

2)      How can I manually roll back the Bios (if it is an BIOS issue, which I suspect it is)

Thank you, in case I have missed out on anything please let me know.

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 7 (8,485 Views)

Re: Error 0xc0000225 on Boot

Hi,

If you don't already have one, use another PC to create a Windows 7 Recovery CD.  Download the ISO from the link below.

Windows 7 64bit

You should use an application such as ImgBurn to burn the ISO to a CD.  Once created, or if you already have this, insert the CD and restart to boot from it.  Select the Repair option.

Select the 'Repair your Computer' option and follow Option 2 in the guide on the link below to run Start-up Repair – you may need to run this 2 or 3 times.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/668-system-recovery-options.html

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
Archean
Message 3 of 7 (8,477 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried the approach you suggested, and selected Startup Repair option. It runs the test/repair routine, then when it was finished, the log simply would say 'Test X compled, Error = 0x0'. This message repeat itself for all the listed tests. I guess I should try it when the error occurs, and see whether this approach works. Although, IMO the error is not simply about the booting related OS files, it seems to be something to do with partition tables itself.

Provost
DavidPK
Message 4 of 7 (8,475 Views)

Hi,

Shutdown the notebook.  Tap away at f10 as you start the notebook to enter the bios menu.  Under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab you should find the facility to run tests on both the Hard Drive and Memory.  Post back with the details of any error messages.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
Archean
Message 5 of 7 (8,408 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello, Sorry for delayed response. No errors found on HDD or Memory. By the way somehow, TestDisk is now seeing all the partitions along with Disk Management tool of windows. But any other 3rd partition manager doesn't see them.

Thanks for your help so far. :smileyhappy:

Student
RicardoFig
Message 6 of 7 (6,210 Views)

Hello. I have tried to boot the computer from the Repair disck, I changed the primary boot device also, but i can't startup from the disk. It also don't show me the message: "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD."  Can you help me please?

Student
jb4444
Message 7 of 7 (4,206 Views)

i have a new laptop hp spectre i think its is. i am a student and am not sure in how to fix my issue, i tried to put a game on the system that was quite large i think ( again im not sure ) but when i did it said it had to restart so i clicked ok but then when i tried to turn it on saying windows start up failed and i dont know what to do it, it came up with that same error 0xc0000225 and it doesnt have a disc input so what do i do please help.

thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation