Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Just few days ago, I started getting message, with some Cooling Fan Problem, Error 90B

But this error only was occuring when i started my Laptop after 5-6 hours

I mean when I started this in morning, at first time it was showing this error, and when it automatically shut down (It says, ENTER to continue startup or it will shut down in 10 or 15 seconds) and then I start it again, but this time no error it started fine

So, guyz, I wanted to know whether this is hardware problem or software or something other

Still my warranty period is going on, so should i goto HP support center?

I am using HP Pavilion dv6

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It is hardware but might be fixable before you send it in. Bend out a paperclip and stick it through the grille to hold the fan and keep it from spinning out of control and blow some compressed air in the grille to dislodge any dust or dirt that may be hanging up the fan. If that does not work the fan may need to be replaced.

View solution in original post

42 REPLIES 42
HP Recommended

It is hardware but might be fixable before you send it in. Bend out a paperclip and stick it through the grille to hold the fan and keep it from spinning out of control and blow some compressed air in the grille to dislodge any dust or dirt that may be hanging up the fan. If that does not work the fan may need to be replaced.

HP Recommended

Thank you Sir. Well, I tried what you told

I also just gently open the upper from where i can see the fan, and spray verry little amount of compressed air.

And its working for now.

I had also purchase cooling pad and using it. Now, hopefull it will go well. 

Cheers,

HP - Harshit Peer :generic:

HP Recommended

I get the same message, but there is not problem with the fan. My computer has the HiSense Cooling, when I get the message, I just hit Enter key and the computer starts up and run just fine. Barely gets warm! So why the message???????

HP Recommended

hi guys iam so sory for i speak english very very bad so Do not be surprised. i have problem                          

(Error 90B - Cooling Fan Problem) i cleaned & fixed cooling fan & it worked but when turn on my loptop display the error Message again please help me What I do To solve this problem . Thank you, friends . iam waiting

HP Recommended
Hello Wili and Cimhawaii,

I see that you guys are having the same issue with the system fan.

If the steps provided by Huffer above didn't work I would really suggest giving HP a call up if it's still in warranty.

Basically this error message is saying the fan has dust or debris inside of it or it also could easily just be a defective fan.

Please call HP at 18004746836
HP Recommended

I have suddenly faced the problem reguarding cooloing fan. i don't know how it caused? but while gaming temperature reached to 99*C . but later on i had set the clock frequency to 729Mhz (processor state change using powerplan setting).

Now i want to know the few things

1) sholud i run my laptop using same settings which keeps laptop temp. 40 to 58*C .?

2)my laptop runs in warrenty period so would they any charge for case of Damage of Fan?

3)if my warrenty period over then howmuch cost they will charge for cooling fan?

please reply as fast as possible. :smileyindifferent:

HP Recommended

HP really makes crappy product. I called support, they asked to sign up for 1 year support to $99 to continue the

crappy service. I refused, might as well trash the notebook and switch to another vendor.

Oh, I might short some HPQ short to recoupe my loss on the laptop.

HP Recommended

please send reply

HP Recommended
i have same problem
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.