Question

Student
yoshua26
Message 1 of 3 (3,960 Views)

Error code 0xc0000225 on booting

[ Edited ]

I don't know what's happening on my notebook. Last night I've just downloaded auto-update from Windows and the Windows updated when I turned off the computer. This afternoon I just turned on and the error code 0xc0000225 appeared. I used the win7 installation DVD but it didn't work (for repairing). What should I do?
My notebook type is:

HP Pavilion dv6t-6000 CTO Quad Edition Entertainment Notebook PC

Here is the screenshot: 

error 0xc0000225.jpg

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 2 of 3 (3,932 Views)

Re: Error code 0xc0000225 on booting

[ Edited ]

Try a system restore, use F8 at the very begiining of power up to load the windows advanced screen, then choose "repair your computer" , weindows recovery environment should load, if it tries an automatic repair or suggests one, say No.

when the tools page loads choose windows system resotre, pick the first restore point and let it run, then see if it will boot normally.

F8 repair-your-computer-windows-7.png

Win RE System Restore.png

If Windows RE will not load from the hard drive, you will need to make a System Repair disc on another working windows 7 PC, it has to be the same bit version (32 or 64bit windows 7). Once the disc is made boot from it on the problem PC to load RE and the needed tools.

On the working W7 PC look on the Start menu > All Programs > Maintenance  folder >create a system repair disc, use a blank CD.

Student
brdl
Message 3 of 3 (1,625 Views)

Re: Error code 0xc0000225 on booting

i don't know what happends to my laptop yesterday i did partition  C driv with the help of a software named AOMEI partition assistant....but now i can't start my laptop....give me a solution please...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation