Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Probook 6570B
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello!

My laptop (HP Probook 6570B, with Windows 8.1 64 bit) doesn't recognise the ethernet driver.  The driver is showing a code 10 error ('this device cannot start').

I tried to uninstall the driver and tryed the hp latest network driver as well as the latest original driver from Intels website. 

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1503&SUBSYS_17AB103C&REV_04
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1503&SUBSYS_17AB103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1503&CC_020000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1503&CC_0200

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi:

Try manually installing the driver as follows.

First, download and install this free file utility.

http://www.7-zip.org/

Then download and save the W8.1 Ethernet driver file from Intel.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23071/Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-8-1-

Now right click on the Intel driver file and select 7-Zip from the menu.

Have 7-zip Extract to, and I let it extract the file to the name of the folder (PROWinx64).

Then go to the device manager and click on the problem ethernet controller.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.  Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and then at the bottom of that window, select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Click on Have Disk and browse to:  PROWinx64\PRO1000\Winx64\NDIS63\e1c63x64, and select the Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection from the list and see if the driver installs that way.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your answer.

I did it several times. After it, I got the message, that the driver is up-to-date.

What else? 😞

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry that didn't work.

Did you try the driver auto update from Windows update to see if it pulls down a driver?

Other than that, unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions for you to try.

HP Recommended

Sorry, if I  click at the bottom of that window, select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, I got this message.

Any idea? 

1.jpg

HP Recommended

It doesn't have the Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection on the list?

If you explore the final file I pointed you to, you will find the hardware ID for that ethernet controller.

HP Recommended

It is on the list.

I chose the e1c63x64.inf file, and after it i got this message.

HP Recommended

OK:

Let's try something less drastic.

Click on the problem ethernet controller.

Then click on the driver tab.

Click on Update Driver and select the Browse my computer for driver software option again but this time just browse to the main driver folder.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and see if the driver installs that way.

HP Recommended

When I do this, I got the message that I wrote upper: the driver is up-to-date 😞

HP Recommended

Looks like I won't be able to help you with this problem then.

You tried the auto update, and that didn't work either?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.