Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Pavillion DV6-2066dX with Windows 7 Professional.

Power Icon indicates 95% - plugged in - not charging.  I ran the HP Diagnostics and received the following message:

Warranty ID: PTR2X9-000764-XD)3GK-C0EC03

Product ID: VW881UA#ABA

Primary Battery

Start-Up Test: FAILED

I replaced the original battery with the current one on 3/28/14.  Is the current battery faulty?  Also, my computer is tempermental in powering up.  You have the hold down the start button in an exact spot for an exact period of time.  Otherwise, it tries to start but immediately shuts down.  Any connection?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
But, I suggest replacement, you've already got the failure ID which confirms it.
You may give your lap for service along with this. Backup all the personal data whatsoever.
Create a recovery image disks too and keep.

thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
Hi,

The test would indicate that the battery has started to fail - this may be a cell has started to go bad or the overall charge the battery can hold has fallen below a certain threshold.
Lithium batteries functioning--
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00821429

The battery is a warranty item, so if your notebook is still covered, contact HP and arrange for it to be replaced.

When have you started feeling this temperamental issue, Is it only when battery is inserted or otherwise?

I suggest it may be worth running the notebook with just the AC Adapter connected ( shutdown the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter, remove the battery and then just plug in the adapter ) & check if it's recurring.

thanks,
HP Recommended

Thank you for the link and suggestions. I have never run my computer without the battery being installed.  Will try your suggestions and let you know how it goes.

HP Recommended
OK. Go ahead with the replacement soon.

Glad I could help you, 🙂
thanks,

****Please click ACCEPT AS SOLUTION to help others with the same problem****

****Click KUDOS to say thanks****
HP Recommended

The HP Support Assistant said the battery status was ok.  Thanks for the link.  I wonder if my connection to the computer is stable enough.  I have to "fine tune" or  "jiggle" the connection in order to get the power light to come on.

HP Recommended
But, I suggest replacement, you've already got the failure ID which confirms it.
You may give your lap for service along with this. Backup all the personal data whatsoever.
Create a recovery image disks too and keep.

thanks
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.