Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dm4-3000ea
Windows 7

Hello

When starting up, my laptop cooling fan makes a screeching sound. Most of the time it stops quite quickly, a light tap on the side of the laptop helps this. As this is a sign of a fault with the fan, I would like to replace it as per the instructions in the service manual.

Please can someone confirm the part number of the item I would need and where (in the UK) I may be able to obtain it from? 

Also, is it possible to replace just the fan component? Or does the entire heat sink need to be replaced as well?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi Visruth

Thanks for the welcome and your prompt response. Would you happen to know if the fan-only option would still require the removal of the heat sink from the motherboard? 

Kind regards

Phil

HP Recommended

Phil

You're welcome,

As far as I know, you can replace fan alone if you can get one, without making any changes to heat sink. You could refer the manual posted above for replacement procedures - Page 73-75.

This video might help: http://youtu.be/RgD7LVuwEY0

But it doesn't show fan removal done separately.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Visruth

HP Recommended

Hi all,

I have the same problem on my dm4 3050.

Ordered online the fan as above, 669934-001

They sent me the 669935-001...

Does it have a different performance? How big is the difference if I install it?

Kind regards

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Indeed, didn't get a notification for that.

Sorry for double asking and thanks for your replay 🙂

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

All the best!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.