Question

Honor Student
akashahin
Message 1 of 4 (806 Views)
Accepted Solution

Fingerprint Driver & Software

HP ProBook 450 G1

Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit OS, service pack 1

Updated Driver both "sp63505" and/or "sp64338", multiple times!

Installed Software HP SimplePass Identity Protection by DigitalPersona ...  "sp50048". (with both drivers, saparately)

However, the SimplePass keep saying "the fingerprint reader is not connected".

Previously, I also tried with the other HP SimplePass Software!! "sp63224"

Then again, I was unable to use it properly.

I know my fingerprint device is not broken as I was able to scan my fingerprint when I set the option to ask password at boot... as I was unable to use in after logging on, it was no use!!!

Another little confusion is whether my probook is HP ProBook 450 G1, or HP ProBook 450 G1 based, or HP ProBook 450 G1 (energy star)... I used the drivers for HP ProBook 450 G1... but I have Energy Star in my control panel

What can I do now to use my fingerprint as log in password?

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 2 of 4 (787 Views)

Re: Fingerprint Driver & Software

Akashahin,

Welcome to the HP Forum.

Commentary:  Boot password is the gateway to trouble later on -- boot password break-in tools are easy to come by, boot passwords are easy to forget, and the primary candidate to get locked out of the notebook is the person who sets up the boot password.

===========================================================================

Your computer Website:  HP ProBook 450 G1 Notebook PC

Your Validity Sensor fingerprint Driver:  sp64338 Validity Sensor V4.5.133.0

Your HP Client Security Manager Software:  sp65637 HP Client Security Manager V8.3.3.1786

• Remove / Uninstall all the SimplePass and Digital Persona programs that you have attempted to install -- NONE of this belongs on your notebook.    HP SimplePass is used on consumer notebooks.  Your computer is a business class notebook -- and it uses a different set of security software programs.  The HP Client Security Manager is the main program of several that comprise the security suite for the ProBooks.
  • Reboot the Notebook and log in

·         Close all your programs and Shut down the computer

·         Disconnect everything (little Unifier for the keyboard / external mouse can stay)

·         Perform the Hard Reset for your notebook model

·         Boot the computer and log in

Reminder:  Hard Reset is just a device Reset.  The Hard Reset procedure does not  wipe out your files nor does it destroy your Windows setup in any way.  It just "clears the cobwebs".  Depending on the cause of the problem, this kind of "reset" can fix a variety of computer glitches.

In Order - do not skip the Reboots:

• Download both the Driver and the Software packages (above)
  • Install the Validity Sensor Driver that you downloaded
  • Install the HP Client Security Manager Software program that you downloaded

That is the extent of what I can tell you.  I do not use this software on my consumer notebooks nor can I find an updated user guide for your program.  I should think once installed, that you should see an HP Client Manager icon on the Desktop or in the Taskbar -- use this to start the program and enroll your fingerprints.

Click the Kudos Thumbs-Up to show appreciation and say Thanks.

Click Accept as Solution when the Answer is a good Fix or Workaround to your Question!

Although I strive to reflect HP's best practices, I do not work for HP. 

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Honor Student
akashahin
Message 3 of 4 (771 Views)

Thank you very very much Mr. Dragon-Fur,

I had to install a pre-requsit program (MS .NET Framework 4.5), and now it's working just fine! :smileyhappy:

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 4 of 4 (753 Views)

[ Edited ]

Akashahin,

Ah!  Yes, you are welcome.  I offer my apologies.  Although I do not use the software, I do usually remember to remind people of the need to check the prerequesites.   I outsmarted myself by linking you to the actual packages this time. :smileyhappy:

I am glad it is working!

Click the Kudos Thumbs-Up to show appreciation and say Thanks.

Click Accept as Solution when the Answer is a good Fix or Workaround to your Question!

Although I strive to reflect HP's best practices, I do not work for HP. 

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation