Question

Honor Student
igpal418
Message 1 of 3 (27,470 Views)

Fix for HP Pavilion dv2500 CTO NoteBook computer(Windows Vista) Blue Screen problem

List of problems that I have encountered.
1. the bottom part of the Notebook computer gets really hot.
2. The system hangs up with a  "BLUE Screen " error messages.
At this point, After the Blue Screen error,the system will have a problem booting  up successfully, you will encounter problems like:
the screen stays blank and hang up so many times that the only choice is turn off and turn it back on and also the computer will have  problem showing the  BIOS menu messages. (the F1, F2, F8, F10 (BIOS setUp), F11(restore) and F12).

if it does boot up it will ask\ take  you to do a Restore or Boot system normal or it checks the hard disk for errors which takes  a lot of time.
NOTE: You will encounter item #2 when you do a Power shutdown in a successful load of Window Vista.

FIX:

This is how I fix the blue screen issue. this one works for me. Try it Please amnd let me know!
1. Go to www.hp.com
2. Select Support and Drivers (Have your system do a automatic detect)
3. Go to BIOS section
4. Download and install the old BIOS version F.0A
5. Do a RESTORE (a Company Default Settings)
6, After a successful restore, Re-Start the computer.

You notebook computer should work normal, it works  just like when you first bought the computer.

I hope this helps you!

WLC Honor Student
Honor Student
WLC
Message 2 of 3 (26,216 Views)

Re: Fix for HP Pavilion dv2500 CTO NoteBook computer(Windows Vista) Blue Screen problem

Hi,,

I have a dv2614tx notebook and I m experiencing the same problem.

Currently the screen went blank and it juz won't boot ..... 

What should I do now? Shoul I juz switch on n off until it works again?

Pls help

Thanks

Honor Student
sam57
Message 3 of 3 (21,849 Views)

Re: Fix for HP Pavilion dv2500 CTO NoteBook computer(Windows Vista) Blue Screen problem

my pavilion dv2500 with service tag dv2690ee, crashed when playing zynga poker at facebook. First it went stale formed colored green blue and yellow lines, then went stale and went blank. Power off, and then on and still did the same lines, and wnet blank, What was wrong and what should be done?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation