Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

HI,

I have an EliteBook Folio 9470m running WIN 8.1 Ent 64-bit. I have an issue with the Touchpad not working. I have installed the latest driver (sp66111) from HP Support and as a result only the PointStick and associated buttons work and not the Touchpad.

Has anyone experienced this and if so what is the fix please?

Incidentally, the Touchpad was working at one stage on this OS and ceased to work afterwards. I have re-stalled the OS from scratch withpout success either.

Thanks in advance,

Vik

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

The touchpad might be turned off.

Double tap on left top corner of the touchpad to activate/deactivate the pad.

Also goto Control Panel>Mouse>Device Settings> Click on the touchpad/Luxpad>Click settings and check the settings.

If this dosnt resolve then reinstall drivers from hp.com or from Recovery Manager.

Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03430118

Wish you luck,
Karthik

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt response Karthik.

I can confirm that the TouchPad is not deactivated. Looking at the device settings only the TouchStick is listed. This is strange as I installed the TouchPad driver: http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=5271147&sp...

I will give the Recovery Manager option a g, but I am not sure this will work as I have installed Win 8.1 from scratch and installed the driver and it does not work.

Thanks,

Vik

HP Recommended

In that case, check for hardware functionality:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03463381

If the test produces an error, then call HP.

Wish you luck,
Karthik

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Hi,

Unfortunatly, I do not have Recovery Manager installed on my laptop as it in not an original build.

Is there a way to install this manually? Or alternative troubleshooting recommended?

Thanks in advance.

Vik

HP Recommended

Hii there. I am having the exact same problem. I have reset all drivers and windows multiple times.

It all started when I installed a new driver for the upper touchpad buttons, which made the touchpad and its dedicated buttons (located just below) not work at all.

Have you had any success fixing it? I have been looking for hours and hours on forums and have not found anything. 

I even resetted my ssd with GParted and wiped everything out multiple times to make sure no driver conflicts were present...

Any feedback will be appreciated!

Have a nice day!

HP Recommended

Same problem - HP Elitebook Folio 9470m running Windows 7.  After years of working, suddenly Touchpad doesn't work, upper left corner button won't toggle it on, & both bottom right & left buttons do nothing. Trackpoint works (although only without the rubber cover - without it, cursor only goes from left to halfway across the screen! But that problem has been there for a year & seems to be strictly mechanical.)

When I check Device Manager - Mice & other pointing devices, it shows that I have a Synaptics SMSbus Trackpad, and claims the Driver is up to date. Yet in Control Panel - Mouse - Device Settings, there's no Trackpad available?! A Reset does not fix this. Driver update doesn't fix it. Deleting and restoring the Trackpad driver in Device Manager also doesn't fix it.

HP Recommended

Try hard reset. Press and hold power button for 10 seconds. It worked for me (Folio 9470m).

HP Recommended

Really appreciate it.  Worked like a charm.  Manual sut off and voila...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.