Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Same issues here, just bought a new docking station to get rid of this problem, fail.... Is there no way to get this fixed with software? Is there anyone who as running two external displays on a folio 9470m?

HP Recommended

Well, this describes it quite well. to bad, just got this new machine...

http://h71016.www7.hp.com/dstore/html/pdfs/dual%20display%20alert_D9Y32AA.pdf

HP Recommended

Trumpets please..... I have a solution. 

I spent 3 hours trying to figure out why this worked on one Folio 9470m and not the other.  The same is true of the Revole 810 as it has the same Intel 4000 graphics card.  

You must have a monitor that natively supports Display Port. If you convert the signal to DVI, HDMI, or VGA, it cannot support the 3rd monitor.  Swapping out this connection immediatly disables the 3 monitors option.  If you look in the "Graphics Properties" shotcut to the Intel display utility; on the multiple monitors tab, you should see an option for 2 or 3 monitors in the drop down.  

Here is our hardware setup that works.  

Folio 9470m (intel 4000 graphics) on bios V40

HP Dock B9C87UT#ABA

Monitor LA2405x

Hp Video driver 9.17.10.2867

HP Recommended

@Icono wrote:

Trumpets please..... I have a solution. 

<snip>

So are you saying that you have been able to successfully connect (3) LA2405x monitors at 1920x1200 via DisplayPort?

The dock you mentioned only has one DP connector... how are you doing this?

HP Recommended

i'll confirm this as working.

HP 9470m

HP Ultraslim Dock

2 X HP LA2405wg

Display 1 - Builtin Display

Display 2 - DP from dock to DP on LA2405wg

Display 3 - VGA to VGA on LA2405wg

Does not work with any other combo including a media change from DP to HDMI or DVI. Must be native DP

HP Recommended
I can confirm that running 3 independant displays does work, but not as it exactly should. My setup below -

HP9470m
HP Ultraslim Dock 2013 (D9Y32UT)
HP LA2405x (x2)
Samnsung Syncmaster 46" display

Display 1 - HP LA2405x (via Displayport on Dock)
Display 2 - HP LA2405x (via Displayport on system)
Display 3 - Samsung Syncmaster (via VGA on Dock)

Granted I know having to plug the single displayport in to the actual machine defeats some of the purpose of the dock. However, this is the only way to achieve my setup as the 9470m does not support 2 Displayport's to be used independently on this dock.
HP Recommended

by me i can connect three monitors and let them work only one of the hp LA2205WG doesn't work on the native resolution.

do you know what the problem is/

i have 

HP9470m
HP Ultraslim Dock
HP LA2205WG (x2)

display 1 HP LA2205WG (native resolution 1680 x 1050)

display 2 HP LA2205WG (max at 1440 x 900 res.)

display 3 internal dispay of the hp 9470m (native resolution 1600x900)

HP Recommended

I can confirm it's working with 3 screens.

Folio 9470m windows 7 x64

Display#1: - Laptop LCD screen.                           (1366x768)

Display#2: - 1 DP-DP LA2205WG                         (1680x1050)

Display#3: - 1 VGA LA2205WG                              (1680x1050)

All cables connected to Docking station.

HP Recommended

Do you have a solution because of the 1440 x 900? I have the same Issue and found your post in the community. I have two 22", and i want to use those with 1680x1050, but i can only have on on this resolution... and on on 1440x900...!

HP Recommended

@Modifiedbear wrote:
I can confirm that running 3 independant displays does work, but not as it exactly should. My setup below -

HP9470m
HP Ultraslim Dock 2013 (D9Y32UT)
HP LA2405x (x2)
Samnsung Syncmaster 46" display

Display 1 - HP LA2405x (via Displayport on Dock)
Display 2 - HP LA2405x (via Displayport on system)
Display 3 - Samsung Syncmaster (via VGA on Dock)

Granted I know having to plug the single displayport in to the actual machine defeats some of the purpose of the dock. However, this is the only way to achieve my setup as the 9470m does not support 2 Displayport's to be used independently on this dock.

Hi,

Can you explain how you managed to get both your LA2405x to work simultaneously? I have been trying to do this since yesterday and the DisplayPort on the laptop itself does not seem to work while the laptop is docked. As soon as I undock it, it starts working.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.