Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

A friend gave me his old laptop because it didn't work. HP G61-327CL. When you try to turn it on, the power/charge/dvd lights at the bottom left just flash 3 times. The middle (charge) light seems to be brighter than the other 2, so it's possible that's actually the only one flashing, but I have no clue. The charging light comes on when it's plugged in. I've tried a hard reset, after which it gives four flashing lights, the last one being held for a second.

Any help would be appreciated! :) 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
Hey Tyeillin,

Going by what you said, it seems like there is a graphics card issue with that notebook. Take a look at this document for info: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443366

If that matches up with what you are seeing, then the unit will need repair - either a new system board and/or graphics card.
___
I am an HP employee.
• Say thanks by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' button on the left
• Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your issue
HP Recommended

Is only replacing the GPU in a laptop even possible? 

And could you potentially estimate a repair cost? Even if the warranty was still valid (which it's not), I've taken it apart.

HP Recommended

Some laptops have integrated graphics (GPU is integrated onto the system board), others have discrete graphics (GPU is its own seperate card). Your particular configuration has integrated graphics, so the entire system board would have to be replaced.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to estimate repair costs, you'll have to contact HP Support directly (1-800-HP-INVENT) - please have your serial number ready for them so they can get the exact details.

___
I am an HP employee.
• Say thanks by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' button on the left
• Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your issue
HP Recommended

i hade the same problem and i just replaced my PSU and let it charge the battery for a while and that resolved the problem

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.