Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

"Reboiling"? Could you give me a little more detail on this? I have a similar problem in that lower-resolution modes seldom work, yet the external display works fine. After I reboot a few times, the laptop display usually comes on, but I get no bios or boot screen ever. Touching up the soldering would be a cheap -if not easy- thing to do.

HP Recommended

I have just had the exact same problem and my laptop will not be three years old until Jan.  Spoken to John Lewis where I purchased and had a two year guarantee but it is out and they cannot not do anything.  This is crazy  I like you bought a good name because I  thought quality with HP, this is not the case.  I believe in the usa THEY ARE OFFERING FREE repairs and in some cases laptops!

HP Recommended

Yes, HP meant quality at one time. But the quality part went to Agilent. And nobody offered me a free repair beyond the warranty (I live in New York).

If I could get some data on the backlight blanking scheme, I could probably figure out what's wrong and fix it. It's probably a bad component of some kind that is acting flaky. It works about half the time on normal resolution, and none of the time on boot screen or low resolution. I think I'll get an Acer or Chromebook when I get tired of it.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

My G62 b10sp went blank yesterday....in HP they say that the ATI GPU responsable for it, is replaceable...wrong...we must replace the all motherboard...mine only work in safe mode with the Intel GPU. I tried to search the motherboard part in HP partstore and cant find it....terrible...only find motherboard to buy on third party sites and it was very easy to find it...

In the official HP site you jump window to window without finding anything....

My laptop only lasted 2 years and 6 months...my next laptop wont be an HP for sure...

HP Recommended

I can usually get my OS (Linux Mint) to load if I have the charger connected and the laptop is cold. Otherwise (or if it's hibernating) I can flip the lid a few times until the display decides to turn on. I can't see a 'ghost' of the screen so it's not the backlight shut off, it's the video not being enabled.

I was tempted by the new HP Chromebook. The Acer & Samsung don't have a big screen.

HP Recommended

Re Huffers "expert" post

To say that the average life of a laptop is 2 years is off the wall.........they only way I could justify this is where a manufacturer uses poor quality components.  The problem stems from the fact that manufactureres are using lead free solder which frankly breaks down more readily than the good old lead solder.  Dell have been having the same problem with some of their cheaper models - google dell M5030 (at least Dell's BIOS gives you a warning, its called the 7 beeps problem).

In the UK goods under the sale of goods act (SOG) should last 6 years, so any manufacturer knowingly making/selling goods to last 2 years is corrupt/fraudulent.

General advice: keep away from the cheaper end of the market, or if you must buy cheap then either expect it to fail, or if you're in the UK be prepared to use the SOG.

HP Recommended

even i'm facing the same problem,did any one got the solution for this issue,if yes please help me to fix......:smileysad:

thnks in advnc.

HP Recommended

No man, no solution and HP completely ignored me and my complaints. My advice is dont buy HP again. Poor product, even worse customer service.

HP Recommended
thank Q for Ur quick reply,changing mother boar will be help full???
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.