Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just found the complete schematic for it at this (sketchy looking) website in Viet Nam. All 28 yummy pages of it.

Interesting that the manufacturer is Quanta, and the model is Wimbledon.

http://kythuatphancung.vn/download/hp-g62-g72-compaq-presario-cq42-cq62-quanta-wimbledon-ax3-ax5-dao...

You may have a look and see if the chip you fried can be identified, and if you're handy with a soldering iron, repaired.

HP Recommended

Alternatively , you could buy a working board off ebay, as the previous poster said if you're handy with solder, you could buy a faulty board and switch the chip you need, but what if it wasn't that component?

However, I am intrigued that you feel it is this part that is faulty.  Most folks for a 4 year old laptop would put it down to experience and get yourself a decent lappie

HP Recommended

I'm nursing mine along, but if it gives me any crap I can work just as fast with a Chromebook.

It won't be a HP, though.

HP Recommended
I can tap the front of the chip with screw driver and the computer will stop charging and won't start back until I unplug it and plug it back on, how it's doing this I have no idea because all the part does is connect power button to motherboard
HP Recommended

I don't know the G62 intimately, but on many lappies the on/off switch is connected to the mainboard via a flat cable. It is plugged into a latch on the mainboard; carefully raise the latch slightly rotating the front upwards.  You can then remove the cable, clean it with a little alcohol or similar and insert it back square and ensuring it is fully home. Rotate the latch back down.  this should fix any bad connection.  But if still no go, I would bet that it is the button on the top panel that is causing the problem rather than the cable or latch.

The following shows the underside of the G62 palm rest showing the on/off cable attached to it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HP-G62-LAPTOP-DARK-RED-PALM-REST-/221587096986?pt=UK_Computing_Laptop_Scre...

HP Recommended

What's the part number on the chip? Is there a number on the circuit board next to it? How many pins are there?

Better yet, see if you can find it on the schematic. There's 38 pages, so if you can find the part number, it will make things a lot clearer.

HP Recommended
Hi robmar0se,
That is the part I am talking about, the latch you mention is the part I believe is messed up.

Col_Panek
The only thing it says by the latch is power board I will look through the pages to see if I can find it
HP Recommended

Yo,,,,,,,,sometimes the flip-up part of the latch breaks off, but as the contacts on the cable are on the underside, I have sometimes held them in place with some bluetack or sumilar..............

HP Recommended

Am having the same issue. I had done all I could but still blank screen after Windows startup.

I logged into Safe Mode to check on could be the problem and troubleshoot, still the same. Then  I reformtted the notebook to have it functional the problem still pesist. 

Possible fault: Enduro Graphic card: ATI Mobility Radeon  HD 5470 and Intel(R) HD Grapics.

Intel Video card work fine, only if ati video card is uninstalled and boot to normal windows, but windows automatically install vga driver and the screen instantly went blank.

HP Recommended

Does the screen flicker at any time? Does it boot up normally, based on a monitor plugged into the aux video output?

Try setting the lid switch to "blank display" or some such, cranking the brightness down as much as possible, then flipping the lid closed then open. On mine, that gets the display to work and I can then increase the brightness and it works fine.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.