Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 2000 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)
Laptop wasn't turning on, figured it was the battery so go a replacement, put that in and it turned on. When I came back to the computer, it was already off again and now it's not turning on. Tried taking the battery out, unplugging the AC and holding button down for 15/20 seconds and every variation. Any more ideas?
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Jvbacha89 ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read about your HP 2000 Notebook and getting a blank screen on startup. Try performing a hard reset.

When performing a hard reset please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices.

Here is a link to computer won't start for Windows 8. Did you replace any of the hardware?

Have you tried a different walloutlet  or a borrowing a different AC adapter?

Please let me know how this goes.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi, 

You need to charge ur replacement battery for at least 8 to 9 hrs and then try again..  

If nothing, then Check this - After you take out the battery from the laptop and when you try to put ur battery back in, the battery LED Light should blink (atleast once)..  If yes, then there is some fault in the laptop's power board (and u need repair)..  If no, then ur new battery is faulty. Get it exchanged..

Mark this Reply as "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem. Click "thumb up" just to say Thanks..

Good Luck..

- Raj

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.