Question

Honor Student
JackIsAPC
Message 1 of 4 (465 Views)

HELP !!!! TOUCHPAD DOESN'T WORK ON MY HP ENVY 15 1067NR

Hi, i've been a loyal hp pc owner for years and recently the notebook i've had for 3 years the touchpad just stopped working the laptop is a hp envy 15 1067nr VM252UA#ABA i've checked the drivers in device manager and its just got the yellow exclimation mark i've tried the drivers on synaptics and hp's support site and so far no luck i've also tried many of the support sites on the web. also if its any use the touchpad is not showing up inside the mouse settings in the control panel there hasn't been anything spilt on the notebook. i really would apreciate some help on this and also i'd like to know is this a hardware problem or a software problem. So please help me !!!

Windows 8.1 Pro

HP Envy 15 1067nr

HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 2 of 4 (398 Views)

Re: HELP !!!! TOUCHPAD DOESN'T WORK ON MY HP ENVY 15 1067NR

Hi JackIsAPC, welcome to the HP Forums. It doesn't appear that HP has Windows 8 drivers for your notebook, so it is most likely a software issue. Where did you get the driver for 8.1? Did you do a direct upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 8 or a fresh reinstall? If it worked in the past, and stoppped, it may have been a Windows updated driver that caused it.

This is for Windows 7, but the roll back procedure is similar.  Restore a driver to its previous version

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
JackIsAPC
Message 3 of 4 (373 Views)

Hi, i've tried many different drivers from other hp notebooks and the stock synaptics driver and i have done a clean reinstall to install windows 8 but the touchpad wasn't working on Windows 7.

thanks for replying

Jack

HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 4 of 4 (369 Views)

If it wasn't working on Windows 7 either with the factory drivers, it is probably a hardware issue.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation