Question

Honor Student
brettfromuk83
Message 1 of 2 (115 Views)

HP 15-n274sa AMD A10 4655m running at 90c-100c on idle.

Hi there. I am a responsible Laptop owner and I usually install a resource monitor like HW Monitor or Speccy.

I found out that my CPU is running right near the maximum of 90c to 100c on idle. This is a bran new laptop.

This laptop is unfit for purpose since the max temperature a A10 4655m can handle is 100c. I brought it for light gaming to play World of Tanks, Starcraft 2 and World of Warcraft on the lowest settings.

I feel that I have been robbed. I will be talking to HP Store technical support as of 1st thing tomorrow.
In the meantime can any HP official or HP customer please tell me what could be a matter with this laptop?

The first thing which pops to my mind is someone forgot to put thermal paste between the chip and motherboard.
Getting sick and tired of the new generation of engineers who think they can stick a little bit of tape between both contact points.

Retired
SuperMario1
Message 2 of 2 (93 Views)

Re: HP 15-n274sa AMD A10 4655m running at 90c-100c on idle.

Hello brettfrommuk83,

I just sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages, this post has instructions.

I worked on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation