HP 2000 329WM doesn't boot with AC, only battery, AC LED blinks three times (139 Views)
Student
fission_mailed
Message 1 of 2 (139 Views)

HP 2000 329WM doesn't boot with AC, only battery, AC LED blinks three times

Hello, I own a HP 2000 329WM that was operating perfectly until suddenly it shut down and refused to reboot. i unplugged the AC adapter and after 30 minutes it rebooted fine on the battery until the juice was gone. I cannot boot using the AC cable I have...

I've tried hard resets and browsed these help forums but no such luck. What's interesting is the AC adapter light on the right side blinks white three times when the battery is in (regardless of being plugged in) but does nothing (no blinking) when the battery is out and the AC is plugged in.

So far I can't tell if the battery, the AC adapter or the motherboard is the problem. Can anyone suggest what may be happening?
Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 2 of 2 (121 Views)

Re: HP 2000 329WM doesn't boot with AC, only battery, AC LED blinks three times

I understand that your system doesn't boot using the AC charger.

It sounds like the charger has failed. By chance, do you have another notebook you can test the charger with to verify it works?
Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation