Question

Honor Student
snaffie
Message 1 of 3 (167 Views)

HP 2000 laptop shuts down less than a minute after power on.

[ Edited ]

This laptop has seen no use. It looks like brand new yet will not stay powered on. Tried pulling the battery and power adapter and holding power button downfor at least 20 seconds. No change. Get same issue without battery installed. Any better ideas how I can make this puppy stay powered on? 

It is product QE284UA#ABA

Model 2000-379WM

Regents Professor
SuperMario1
Message 2 of 3 (137 Views)

Re: HP 2000 laptop shuts down less than a minute after power on.

Hello snaffie,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand the computer does not stay powered on, and you tried a reset. Usually, this is a hardware issue and you should contact HP phone support. You can utilize this website to learn how to contact HP appropriately, based on your region: Contact HP Worldwide

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" next to it to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
snaffie
Message 3 of 3 (134 Views)

Re: HP 2000 laptop shuts down less than a minute after power on.

I'm sorry, but this is not help. This is just driving me to pay for repairs. I am a qualified

computer tech with 30 years experience in computers. The warranty is gone because

my user gave up on it and put it in a closet for a year. 

If you cannot offer any other direction then you are no help at all.

This must be a known issue. It is your product and I have seen many similar posts.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation