Question

Honor Student
drewald56
Message 1 of 5 (10,754 Views)

HP 210 mini, no "F" keys? How to boot in Safe Mode

Hi, new here so bare with me, hope I'm in the right forum.  My mini has no "F" keys at the top of the keyboard, and I need to boot in Safe Mode as I have a virus "win 7 antispyware" that has taken over my whole pc.  Can't access programs or internet.  I've found a hopeful fix online but need to boot in Safe Mode with networking, in order to download Malwarebytes to get rid of this!

Can anyone here help me please?

Thank you!

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 5 (10,733 Views)

Re: HP 210 mini, no "F" keys? How to boot in Safe Mode

Hi:

According to the service manual, your notebook as function keys. Are they combined with those Action Keys at the top of the keyboard?

The manual states to enter the BIOS, you need to hit the F10 key so I am assuming there is also an F8 key.

Paul

Honor Student
drewald56
Message 3 of 5 (10,729 Views)

Hi I don't know, I looked in my manual and didn't see anything, all I have are like keys for watching a video etc at the very top, adjust screen brightness, volume, wifi, print screen, del/support syst etc.  Am lost

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 4 of 5 (10,727 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi:

When you first boot up the PC, at the splash screen is there a message to hit the F10 key to enter setup or words to that effect?

What is your full model #? 210-what?

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 5 of 5 (10,722 Views)

[ Edited ]

All HP mini 210 keyboards are similar, F keys are printed on the top row of keys, upper left portion of the key.

P5310007.JPG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation