Question

Honor Student
ZsoltNagy
Message 1 of 4 (183 Views)

HP 250 G2 fan problem since last BIOS update

[ Edited ]

Dear Support!

I have a HP 250 G2 i3 notebook. Since last BIOS update (F.17) "FAN ALWAYS ON" doesn't work. Enabled in the BIOS menu, but fan works like if this option is disabled.

Temperature is very high (over 30C), fan power on witj high noise for a few seconds then turn off for a while and annoying to listen to it all day. I checked the fan, it's dust-free.

It's better if fan works always with low noise than randomly works for few seconds with high noise.

Please fix it as soon as possible. Thank you!

Your sincerely,

Zsolt Nagy

HP Support Agent
Futoji
Message 2 of 4 (150 Views)

Re: HP 250 G2 fan problem since last BIOS update

Hello @ZsoltNagy,

To get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since the HP 250 G2 Notebook PC Notebook PC is a commercial product. You can do this at Notebook - HP ProBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE.

The support page for your product may be helpful in the meantime:
HP 250 G2 Notebook PC.

I hope this helps!
Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!

Futoji
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
ZsoltNagy
Message 3 of 4 (103 Views)

Dear Futoji!

I opened a new thread at Notebook - HP ProBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE as you suggested, but nobody answered yet.

So my BIOS is downgraded to F.08 and fan works fine. Looks like something wrong with F.17 update.

Is there any chance to review version  F.17 and fix it with a new BIOS update by HP?

Your sincerely,

Zsolt Nagy

Honor Student
ZsoltNagy
Message 4 of 4 (68 Views)

Same problem with new F.18a...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation