Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I had this problem recently. I swapped the mother board, all the componants, one by one troubleshooted everything. Then I talked with another tech friend of mine and he said just leave it running... I was like don't tell me that this is a bios thing... He simply stated: windows will update the bios and flash the bios on an update. The update needs to install and can take anywhere from 30mins to an hour. So if it blinks 5 times and the cd drive keeps making sounds this most likely is a bios flash. :-). It worked with mine now it starts like normal every time.

HP Recommended

I know I'm kicking an old thread, but this latest sudden death hit me early this morning.

I've bought five of these 6735B's. Now four of them have died with this 5 flashes of lock LEDS. 

What I wonder is how come there's no skilled HP engineer that could come here and point right out where the problem lies.

This question is all over the net and looks like it is the absolute main reason how 6735Bs die. There obviously is one component failing, but which one? I'm an MSc in electronics &  computer science and I'm really frustrated that it looks like I will need to search out this bug myself. 

OK, the s**t is old, but it is supposed to be business s**t. That's why I've bought these and not some cheap plastic imitations of laptop.  The same reason I currently have 3 colour lasers from HP, and I'm writing this message with an HP business laptop, while not in office with my HP business desctop. 

I'm afraid this kind of problems won't get solved by some out-sourced service in India. I'd rather bet some skilled russian enthusiast that's got the same problem. But since this is a either a design problem or a feature, it should be exposed by  an HP tech person.

HP Recommended

I followed the recommendation from someone as to use a hair dryer in high thru the fan exhaust. The computer started right away. Once it cooled down it would not start again. I used a folded napkin to covert the fan exhaust and let the computer idle for about 5 minutes. It started by itself.  I don't know if the problem is a bad graphics chip that has to run HOT, or if it is the ball soldering inder the chip that needs to be fix.

HP Recommended

Use a hair dryer and apply heal for 30 seconds thru the fan exhaust. It worked on mine. When I don't have the hair dryer, I fold a napkin and cover the fan exhaust and let it run until it gets hot and then it starts by itself.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.