Question

Student
Exoskeletor
Message 1 of 4 (8,920 Views)

HP Battery warranty support?

hello. i have just run for the first time hp battery support and as results i get:

the battery check has detect a failure. the battery may be covered by hp warranty

warranty id:626z4-17104-19289-cnf71-00014-01

and the health is: replace

my question is: does my hp wraranty cover also the battery? from the store i have buy my pc the say that batteries are expendable and not in warranty.

how i can check if the warranty covers it?

Top Student
mplichta
Message 2 of 4 (6,215 Views)

Re: HP Battery warranty support?

In our corporate environment of 10,000 computers, we have 3-5 year warranties on our machines. However, in all cases, the batteries are only covered for a year. So the warranty is pretty poor to begin with. We've also had a few batches of add on "U" shaped batteries that had 50% fail rates out of the box. Fortunately HP replaced these with little hassle.

But wait, there's more. Recently HP changed their policy to have this "1 year warranty" start at the date of manufacturer rather than from the date of purchase. This means we've had dome 5 month old laptops have their batteries die and HP won't replace them because it took 7 months to get them in our possession from the date of manufacturer. I will be posting on every forum I can find about this policy change because I am very disappointed in HP's underhandedness with this policy. I'm not sure yet if the 3-5 year warranty on all the other parts also starts at the date of manufacture, but I wouldn't put it past them. Just like Dell, HP's support is starting to slip, paving the way for a new hardware leader. I consider this a greater offense than hard drive manufacturers who redefine a GB has 1000000000 bytes rather than 1,073,741,824 bytes just to get a larger number to put on the box.  Evil marketing asterisks!

Honor Student
jitu_bhr
Message 3 of 4 (5,205 Views)

Hello,
As per your instructions I used HP battery health check.
After running the HP Battery Health Check it showed 

the battery may be covered by hp warranty

warranty id : 626z4-17104-19289-cnf71-00014-01

and the health is: replace

Please guide me for the same. As my notebook is not even a year old and battery is not charging it just shows charging.
Thank you
Master's Graduate
Matt_Lo
Message 4 of 4 (5,193 Views)

Well, even though this is a very old thread...if you call HP and give them the Warranty ID code, you may be able to get the battery replaced. In most cases, if the battery is out of warranty, it will just say "OOW" instead of a warranty ID.

"I'm looking for a laptop that looks like it's wrapped in super-rich, smoothed out tangerine peels." -TheMusicMaker
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation